Welcome to the Niles City Schools Transportation Department
Niles City Schools Transportation Department
Niles City Schools Transportation Department is currently updating routes for the 2018-2019 school year. We plan to send out post cards with your child's bus stop location and pick-up/drop-off times. Please watch for these in August. The routes will also be posted here when complete.
All student bus stop locations were routed using the student’s current HOME address that is on file. Remember that alternate transportation requests do NOT renew year to year, a new request must be filled out every year and will be approved on a case by case basis.
Please review the bus rules with your children to ensure a safe school year!!
Niles City Schools bus rules/regulations are as follows:
**Please note: Students are required to be AT DESIGNATED BUS STOP 5 MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED ARRIVAL TIME**
There will be NO *bus passes* issued to students to go to/from school on a different bus than assigned. If students need to go someplace different before or after school, parents/guardians are to make other transportation arrangements.
Students will be transported to/from the HOME address that is on file with the school only and they may have ONE AM and ONE PM stop, Monday-Friday. If transportation is needed to/from alternate bus stop locations, the following criteria must be met:
**Please remember the form is a request. Niles City Schools does not automatically grant requests, they must be considered on a case-by-case basis. The district will make every effort to provide alternate transportation, but reserves the right to discontinue the service at any time, in which case you will be notified.
- Parents/Guardians make the request on an Alternate Transportation Request form available at your child’s school office or by clicking on the link to the right.
- The request must not require a bus route to be changed, altered or added.
- The student must be picked up from the same location (an existing stop) every day of the week (Monday-Friday).
- The student must be dropped off at the same location (an existing stop) every day of the week (Monday-Friday).
- No every other week stops will be approved.
- The request will not take effect until approved by the Transportation Supervisor. Allow 48 hours from the time the request form is received by the transportation department.
Dawn Carkido, Transportation Supervisor
Niles City School District
102 Water Street
Niles, Ohio 44446