Niles City Schools Transportation Department
Important Transportation Information for the 2020-2021 School Year:
THERE WILL BE NO ALTERNATE TRANSPORTATION REQUESTS THIS SCHOOL YEAR. STUDENTS WILL ONLY BE TRANSPORTED TO/FROM THE HOME ADDRESS ON FILE WITH THE SCHOOL.
UPDATE FOR MARCH 22 RETURN TO FULL IN-PERSON CLASSES:
- As we prepare to return to full in-person classes, some minor changes are being done to the bus routes, and new postcards have been sent to current bus riders in GRADES K-8.
- Routes are posted to the right of this page. They are now updated to reflect the changes to full in-person learning. (Updated as of 3/18/21)
- Please remember: Masks are REQUIRED to be worn by all bus riders covering their face from nose to chin.
- The afternoon bus routes have an APPROXIMATE drop off time. This time may vary by up to 10 minutes depending on various factors, such as: school dismissal, traffic, weather, etc.
- If you do not plan on using a Niles City School Bus for transportation, please send an email to [email protected] so your child can be removed from the list.
- Please review the "School Bus Safety Rules" link with your children to ensure a safe school year!! https://www.nilescityschools.org/Downloads/RULES.pdf
**Students are required to be AT DESIGNATED BUS STOP 5 MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED ARRIVAL TIME**
According to Ohio Pupil Transportation Operation and Safety Rules, students are to arrive at the BUS STOP before the bus is scheduled to arrive. The Ohio Department of Education further explains the rule as follows:
Ohio law requires children to be waiting at the bus stop prior to its arrival. Bus drivers count the students at the bus stop before they load and as they get on the bus to ensure all children are safely on board. If students are not waiting at the bus stop, the bus driver cannot count them, and cannot be certain the students are all safely on board. Waiting at the bus stop before the bus arrives further ensures that no one chases after the bus - which is a very dangerous thing to do. Many districts also instruct their buses to not stop at locations where no students are waiting.
Dawn Carkido, Transportation Supervisor
Niles City School District
102 Water Street
Niles, Ohio 44446