Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-2021 School Year
The Niles Board of Education has approved changing the date students are required to be age 5 to register for Kindergarten beginning in the 20-21 school year. Therefore, students who are age 5 by August 1, 2020 are eligible to register for Kindergarten in Niles City Schools for next year.
- Our office is now open Monday through Friday, from 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
- Registration is by appointment only with only one adult per appointment and masks/facial coverings recommended
- If you child is not yet registered, please download a Kindergarten Registration Packet by clicking the link under FORMS on this page, or pick one up at our Central Registration Office located at 309 N Rhodes Avenue
- Once all forms are completed and all documentation is obtained, please call 330-989-5095 ext 4002 to schedule a registration appointment
- If you wish to register via email, please attach all your completed forms and all required documents to [email protected], along with your name and phone number
- Kindergarten Screening will be held on August 17th, 18th, and 19th at Niles Primary School. If your child is already registered you will be contacted to schedule a screening appointment. If you have not yet registered, you will be scheduled for screening during your registration appointment.
- If you have questions, please call 330-989-5095 ext 4002 or email [email protected]
- Child's Original Birth Certificate
- Child's Immunization Record
- 2 Forms of Proof of Residency (See Acceptable Proofs of Residency under FORMS)
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian
- Court/Custody/Possession Documentation, if applicable
- Most Recent IEP/ETR/MFE, if applicable
According to Ohio law, all kindergarten students must have the following immunizations prior to starting school. Students who are not completely immunized will be excluded from school.
- 5 doses of DTaP vaccine
- 4 doses of Polio vaccine
- 2 doses of MMR vaccine
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
- 2 doses of Varicella/Chickenpox vaccine
Niles City School District offers special education services for children ages 3-21. If you are concerned with the development of your child aged 3-5 and you are interested in educational services, please contact the Niles City School District's Office for the Education of Exceptional Children at (330) 989-5095, ext. 4012.