Welcome to the Niles City Schools Transportation Department.
Welcome students and parents to the 2012-2013 school year! As we get started, it is very important to review safety rules with your children. The school bus is an extension of the classroom and the same behavior is expected. You may find a link to the safety rules to the right of this page.
**Please note: Students are required to be AT DESIGNATED BUS STOP 5 MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED ARRIVAL TIME**
There will be no *bus passes* issued to students to go to/from school on a different bus than assigned. If students need to go someplace different before or after school, parents/guardians are to make other transportation arrangements.
All bus routes and new elementary walk boundaries can be also be found to the right.
We will be providing transportation this year to and from three daycares in our community to the elemantary schools. An Alternate Transportation Request Form must be filled out for this service.
Students will be transported to/from the HOME adress that is on file with the school only and they may have ONE AM and ONE PM stop, Monday-Friday. If transportation is needed to/from alternate bus stop locations, the following criteria must be met:
1. Parents/Guardians make the request on an Alternate Transportation Request form available at your child’s school office or by clicking on the link to the right.
2. The request must not require a bus route to be changed, altered or added.
3. The student must be picked up from the same location (an existing stop) every day of the week (Monday-Friday).
4. The student must be dropped off at the same location (an existing stop) every day of the week (Monday-Friday).
5. No every other week stops will be approved.
6. The request will not take effect until approved by the Transportation Supervisor. Allow 48 hours from the time the request form is received by the transportation department.
Please remember the form is a request. Niles City Schools does not automatically grant requests, they must be considered on a case-by-case basis. The district will make every effort to provide alternate transportation, but reserves the right to discontinue the service at any time, in which case you will be notified.
Dawn Marshall, Transportation Supervisor
Niles City School District
102 Water Street
Niles, Ohio 44446
(330) 544-3053 Fax