Open Enrollment Application Procedures
· Open Enrollment Applications will be accepted from March 1, 2017 through April 13, 2017.
No applications will be accepted after 3:00 p.m. April 13, 2017. All application packets must be hand delivered and may not be mailed, faxed, or emailed.
· Open Enrollment Packets are available at the Niles Board of Education located at 309 N. Rhodes Avenue in Niles.
· Packets must be completed in their entirety before your open enrollment application will be accepted and must include the following completed forms:
o Open Enrollment Application
o Verification of Registration Form
o Student Registration Form
o Ethnicity Questionnaire
o Consent to Release Records
o Emergency Medical Form
· You must provide the following documents before your open enrollment application will be accepted:
o Original Birth Certificate
o Social Security Card of child
o Immunization Records
o Two Proofs of Residency from the list included in your packet
o Court Documents regarding placement or custody of the child
o Most recent IEP/ETR, if applicable
o Photo ID of Parent/Guardian
· Incomplete open enrollment application packets will not be accepted.
· Applicants in grades 1-12 will receive written notice of the district’s decision by June 9, 2017.
Kindergarten applicants will be placed on a waiting list and be notified of their approval by
August 18, 2017.
· Open to eligible students within the State of Ohio.
· Due to class sizes, open enrollment will be on a limited basis for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Open enrollment is approved for one (1) school year only and you must re-apply for open enrollment each school year. A notice to reapply will be mailed to you in February each year.
· Transportation of students accepted under open enrollment will be the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian.
· Athletic eligibility for students in grades 9-12 transferring to another school district through open enrollment is determined by the Ohio High School Athletic Association. Please contact the Niles City Schools Athletic Director for eligibility information at (330) 652-9968.