Kindergarten students age 5 before September 30th, 2018 must be registered at our Central Registration Office located in the Niles Board of Education, 309 North Rhodes Avenue.
If you register your child before August 21, 2018, your student will report to their building of attendance for the first day of school
- KG Girls start on August 27, 2018
- KG Boys start on August 28, 2018
If you register your child on or after August 21, 2018, your student's building of attendance will contact you to let you know the first day they should report to school.
Registration Appointments are Recommended
- To schedule your registration appointment please call (330) 989-5095 ext 4002
- Registration hours are 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- You may walk in to register but precedence will be given to those individuals with appointments
- Open Enrollment KG applicants must be registered by the Open Enrollment deadline of March 29, 2018
- Your child does not need to be present at registration
- Parents may print the 2018-2019 Kindergarten Registration Packet under FORMS located on the right side of this page or pick up a Registration Packet at our Central Registration Office. The packet includes forms you are required to complete as well as a list of other documentation you must provide when registering your child. Please complete the forms prior to your appointment and be sure you have gathered all required documentation before coming to register. Incomplete registration packets will not be accepted by our office and you will be asked to return when you have everything we have requested.
2018-2019 Kindergarten Screening
- All students entering Kindergarten next year must be screened
- Students must be registered before they can be scheduled for screening
- You will be given a screening appointment when you register your child
- Students must be present for screening
The last summer screening was held on August 17th. If your Kindergarten student has not yet been registered, they will be screened after the start of school
- Orientation for new KG students was held on August 21st
- Child's Original Birth Certificate
- Child's Immunization Record
- 2 Forms of Proof of Residency (See Acceptable Proofs of Residency under FORMS)
- Photo ID of Parent/Guardian
- Court/Custody Documentation, if applicable
- Most Recent IEP/ETR/MFE, if applicable
According to Ohio law, all kindergarten students must have the following immunizations prior to starting school. Students who are not completely immunizated will be excluded from school.
- 5 doses of DTaP vaccine
- 4 doses of Polio vaccine
- 2 doses of MMR vaccine
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
- 2 doses of Varicella/Chickenpox vaccine
Niles City School District offers special education services for children ages 3-21. If you are concerned with the development of your child aged 3-5 and you are interested in educational services, please contact the Niles City School District's Office for the Education of Exceptional Children at (330) 989-5095, ext. 4012.